tisdag 25 mars 2008

The ring runner

Have been playing Lotro mostly the last couple of weeks. Logged in to WoW to level an alt a bit more. Oh what a drag. Especially since I realized that warrior is the thing for me.

Warriors really have the best of two worlds: survivability and melee dps. Even if specced arms/fury we are tough as nails. And being able to dish out huge damage while specced right is nice - the best part is tanking.

When choosing a class in Lotro I was heavily into going Guardian (like a prot warrior) but since my best friend already rolled one I started a Champion instead (dps warrior). My luck was really with me on this choice since it has occurred to me by reading forums etc that Champions are more than viable tanks in ordinary instances. And that you need to dps tank to keep aggro!

This is really sweet. Not only is my role to be the one up front taking the attention of the mobs - but I can wield two swords at the same time!

Reached lvl 30 yesterday (that's when you get the tanking stance called Glory) so I am all eager to try some serious tanking soon.

Oh, by the way. My friend is going to contact the Guardian Union for class stealing and unauthorized tanking ;)

1 kommentar:

mbp sa...

Hello Daddy Gamer. I am currently taking a break from Lotro but reading your posts has reminded me of some of the reasons why I really liked the game. I also found Lotro to have a more mature community than WOW and I also appreciate the fact that every action in the game hasn't been analysed down to the nth degree.

Champions ftw by the way! Just remember that when you select fervour mode for maximum dps you are squishier than you think.