fredag 31 augusti 2007

No love for the fury/prot spec

I re-specced yesterday. 0/30/31 is the new spec. I saved 31 in Prot to get to Shield slam and went for Flurry in the Fury tree.

Today I discussed it with one of my guild mates an IRL friend playing a feral druid. No love for the hybrid build. "You have to be full prot or Fury/Arms to be any good" he said. To his defence I must say that he never played a warrior. And this is the common criticism cross the classes. Most non warriors think full prot is THE only spec to have for tanking. And full fury/arms for dps.

What they never know is that many competent warrior guides recommend 18-20p in prot to be able to tank efficiently (defiance is the key, imp sunder and taunt is nice complements).

The sad part is that me and my druid friend had that problem earlier on in Botanica. We went together. The pally healer said at once (PUG ofc) "I wont go with 2 tanks!".
We assured the healer that he (the druid) was very good at dps so that wouldn’t be a problem. The pally muttered something and bitched about low dps the whole instance. We cleared it beside one wipe - which was the pallys fault.

Even so - my druid friend wont believe that non full specc can do the job. I really don’t get it.

Inga kommentarer: