tisdag 6 november 2007

Hitting the content cap

Ever got that feeling that 'This is as far as I will get'? I have that feeling right now. It's a bit of a combination with real life and motivation. Let's call it the motivation cycle.

In my eyes the motivation cycle is dependent on the want and possibility to go further into the content. Below lvl 70 just reaching 70 is the thing for motivation, after 70 it is to clear all the instances and getting attuned for heroics and Karazhan. The cycle is the correlation between running heroics and raids. Something like this:

I need better gear to be able to progress further in Karazhan => Doing heroics => better gear => Able to do more in Karazhan => I need better gear to progress further in Karazhan, and on and on.

The problem is when this cycle breaks. For me it has broken on the ability to go Karazhan. I will probably easily have a spot in the guilds raid group, but due to IRL stuff (read previous post 'Total disgrace') I am not able to join.

This makes all other WoW-gaming a bit irrelevant.

So I respecced Arms and keep on going Arena to have some fun there at least. Such a huge difference when going in as a PvP spec in comparison with a tank spec.

Things will probably lighten up at home soon and I will find the time to game a bit more. But right now I am playing games with a 'pause' key.

By the way, I installed 'The Witcher' yesterday. If you haven’t played it - check it out. Awesome game.

2 kommentarer:

SolidState sa...

On that one hand, I know what you mean - I've stopped raiding at all, only play for 1-1.5 hours per day and log in too late to raid. I miss raiding and as I see my guild progress it really irks me that I'm not with them, even for the wipes. Heck, I doubt I'll get to see Zul'Aman, I have so little time for raiding.

On the other hand, I'm having fun leveling alts, and I have faith that one day I will be able to go back raiding. Also there are reputations to grind, gold to farm for epic flying mounts for my 2 high level alts, so I have a lot to do and I have fun with the occasional 5man run :)

Anonym sa...

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I have hit a snare in my gaming too. Due to guild drama and simply not having the time or resources. I'll PVP until I can raid or I'll level alts. So I know how you feel.