måndag 3 december 2007

Nightbane linked to my kids

It's very strange. But somehow Nightbane is linked to my kids. Pull one - and pull all...

Last week I had the opportunity to actually join a Karahzan raid. My guild more or less has Kara on farm (not my making) and they where doing the second night run - which means all is cleared up to chess or so.

Well, they asked me if I could join but I was sceptical - since my kids tend to wake up a lot at the moment. But I agreed.

We went in and up to Nightbane. All went smooth. At the same second they pull Nightbane both my kids wake up screaming. One needs a bottle and one needs comfort. Up to the kids with bottle to my wife and a quick re-tucking in of the older. Back down. And I am still alive!

I go in swinging. 'Sweet', I think. Then the older wakes up again screaming. Excuses over voice chat and back up again. I come down to the computer at the exact moment I die. Then all is still upside. Both kids sleeping and I sit watching my dead char lying on the ground.
I feel so bad about deserting them in the fight so I leave afterwards. (They kill NB so I get my badges, that’s how much better than me they are).

The rest of the evening the kids don’t wake up a single time and I loiter around Shattrah while I can still hear the rest of the raid on voice chat taking on Prince...

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I share you pain man. I try to fit in WoW every morning from 4:30 am to 6:30 am before everyone wakes up.

Today I was in the middle of Mechanar and my wife wakes up. I'm out of luck...

Gravity sa...

I totally relate too. 5 yo and 2 yo kids.

Anonym sa...

I am soooo with you on your life. I was seduced iton WoW last Christmas (2006) by my 22 yr old son who gave me his old gaming system with WoW installed. He helped me roll my Warrior on the day after Christmas and ten minutes later I was addicted. He is active Duty Air Force and WoW is our primary contact with him as he and I were 400 miles apart most of the time. He's on his way to Afghanistan and it will be our ONLY primary point of contact at that point.

The other "kid" issues I can syptathize with you are that I also have a 10 yr old (who has a level 18 hunter atm) and a 2 yr old who has been neglected (according to my lovely wife) for the better part of the last year!!!

Trust me.. I spend a ton of late-night hours these days as I now have a level 70 warrior fully decked out with Merc Gladiator's gear and a pretty decent 2v2 team with my older son. Now I have respecc'd to full prot and am tannking Heroics and Kara to build a shit-hot tanking set.

Hang in there brother... wherever you are, just know there's another father out there and a kindred spirit!

Gragor
Ursin/Shadowburn