onsdag 24 oktober 2007

The full run guide

I went into Kara last Friday with my new guild. I knew from before that they had downed Prince. And without too much of an effort apparently.

On my previous attempts I had only come to Moroes, even wipes on Attumen had stopped my progress before.

This time it was different.

To make a long story short. We took down Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Big Bad Wolf, Curator and Shade of Aran. This was done in under 5 hours. I was mightily impressed.

I tanked up to maiden then the original MT took over, since I didn't have the gear to make it. No plate drops at all though. But I got to see a lot of the place.

Mostly they are doing the instance in 2 days. First day up to Curator and maybe some more. Second day Prince. My plan is to play as much as possible on day one with them to get gear to progress up to tanking the rest also.

Big problem this time was that I felt like extra luggage, since I wasn't tanking - and we all know the amount of damage a protection warrior can make while dps'ing... =(

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I know how you feel about being a protection spec off tank in Kara. When I first started running with the (then) new guild, I was on off tank duty from Midnight to Prince for quite some time. So much so, that I dropped some of the non-essentials in the protection tree in favor of some fury. I never achieved stellar dps values, but I felt I was contributing more. Aside from pure damage output (right..), I had spec'd to compensate for the MT's shortcomings in his build (imp. demo shout, imp. thunder clap, etc.)
And having another prot war around is not that bad of a thing in Kara. Plenty of 2 tank pulls in there, and the extra interrupts on Shade is good.
Try to get in as much Kara as you can, and as far as you can to learn the fights.

Anonym sa...

Im protection speced too atm, and I find i can do a LOT of damage ( not lock/mage lvl, but decent ) by switching to Dual Weld/berserker stance, and spamming devastate.

Use a nice slow weapon with High damage and you swing every global coldown? I may not be the fury "rogue in plate" but my dps really jumps like this. Especially when I gem my DW weapons for +crit +str.

Give it a try! You'll be suprised! ( a lot of Prot Spec tanks have been!)