onsdag 17 oktober 2007

High velocity guild

I quit my old guild. For a little while I felt a bit bad since I stirred up quite a mess with my Wednesday raid, as seen in previous posts.

The thing that actually made me change guild was the fact that my two IRL friends in the old guild already had quit to join a small guild made up from their IRL co-workers. First I felt a bit mixed up about joining them. I want to play with them, but I know that this new guild is as far from RP as possible, and I am on a RP-PvP server.

Well, I joined anyway. 20 minutes after joining I was invited to heroic Underbog. In my old guild getting a heroic team going was hard work. Here it just happens all the time. We went in. I knew that the new guild was composed of mainly former hard core raiders, but I have never seen as many epics in one group before. Luckily the healer was a paladin - since keeping aggro is the hardest part in a heroic in my opinion.

Now on voice chat the first comment I got was: "Nice - a good old protection warrior in the guild!". I probably can't explain how good that felt. I was appreciated again! I told them I had only done a couple of heroics before so they should bear with me if I failed.

Well I didn't.

We went ahead, all was good. Some ridiculous wipe on a trash pull that all just laughed about. Then we met the two guards before Hungrafen. They are tough. No cc works and tanking them both spells disaster. So kiting is the only other option. My IRL friend, a frost mage, was set up for the job. His first big time kiting too.

The first guard went down easily. Then the other came running. He had made a cpl of growths and was HUGE! He two shotted me and the killed the raid. Well well. Rezz and repeat. Now he was easy as pie.

Tanking Hungrafen is a bit hard since its all about walking backwards, generating aggro and to look out for the enormous amount of mushrooms growing al over. But all went fine. Afterwards my fellow guildies said that they could go all out with no problem in this fight. That warmed a warrior heart. Any dps going all out and not drawing aggro is a compliment to the tank. And when it is in a fight where you need to navigate around a lot all the time it's a big compliment.

Rest of the instance was easy mode. The mantas are the only hard part since they are un cc'able and come in packs of 3. But I had gotten the hang of it by then and kept up easily.

Black stalker is actually a laugh... He spawns adds in heroic. But we killed him so fast they came at the moment he died.

I got an extra Primal Nether towards my Blazeguard (only 4 more needed) and the Doomplate shoulders. Real nice - but more of a 2h-er armour. Well I will keep em in the bank for now...

Oh I almost forgot. My IRL friend the mage told me that the other in the group had asked him afterwards why I wasn’t allowed to tank in Kara since I did such a solid job. I really like my new guild :)

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Congrats on finding a new guild. I can't wait to follow your new experiences!

By the way...I love the blog...I've got a daughter & son both under 2 years. Finding time for WoW is definitely a challenge.

Cheers

DaddyGamer sa...

Thanks Squeegiemama!

If the comment in the post warmed a warriors heart, this comment warmed a bloggers heart!!!

SolidState sa...

Squeegiemama I know what you mean exactly, I have a baby daughter (9 months old) and I no longer have time to raid at all, and barely any time to play even without raiding - usually leveling alts or farming.

WoW is still fun, especially my alts, but I do miss raiding... oh well, maybe in 10 years I'll go back to raiding ;)