torsdag 11 oktober 2007

The guild drama

Haven't written in a while due to the fact that we have had some high grade drama in our guild. As I have written before we have this core raid that should be the regular crew going into Karazhan. The A-team if you like.

Since many didn't get spots in the A-team me and two others started a Wednesday raid.

But now the core raid wants to forbid the Wednesday raid to go, because if someone might get locked to Karazhan and then needed in case of emergency in the Core raid. That would be bad.

This means they want the rest of the guild on standby just in case...

Of course this have made us quite angry. We can't come and we aren't allowed to do anything else.

Big drama is under way. Raid leader is resigning because members don't appreciate him enough and blah blah blah.

The most interesting thing is that he has confessed that the core raid ain't made up from the most suitable to the task - but from senior members because they deserve to go.

This is actually quite funny. Guild management is a bit like "Management for dummies".

3 kommentarer:

me sa...

Sounds like you need a new guild. To even think about telling someone they can't do another Kara team, because they might be needed for weekend run is insane.

If they want to have an "A" team, fine, but they need to live with that decision. But to hold the rest of the guild hostage all week is crazy.

Also, it's no wonder your guild leader isn't "appreciated", if this is the best they can do.

Hexapuma sa...

Dang... seems like the A team ain't the A team. They're doing Kara on behalf of the entire guild and that is just plain bad. Seems like the guild should expand to have more members to be able to do 2 kara raids .. with two raids active it will be very obvious which team is the A team. ^^

Anonym sa...

I can totally appreciate what you're going through. I built a guild from the ground floor. My son was the former GM and I took it over. Helped alot of people get to 70 so we could all run together(I had friends I could have went with but I preferred to go with my guild). Well I promote one of the guys i helped to officer so he could kind of oversee stuff. We recruit some Kara veterans and the next thing you know this guy is sending me an email about how he thinks that I don't reflect the core values of the guild. Though I wrote the charter. That new leadership was needed. So I gave the guild back to my son and he dumped a bunch of people out. I now no longer play to help anyone. I don't even play my character anymore. I built a horde and just play that now. Turns out I like the horde better anyway. People get awfully impressed with themselves and looks like your seeing that affect.