tisdag 22 januari 2008

Heroic PuG is a pain

Tried to do a heroic the other day with a PuG. Got really nasty. The last couple of times I have done heroics it has been an all guild run - but at the moment our guild is disbanding a bit. People are leaving WoW for LotR and other games.

Well anyhow, a PuG was assembled for Mechanaar. But it got ugly in the first room, which is a pretty easy pull if tank can hold aggro.

After the wipe and reassembly I inspected the others gear. Mostly green gear like "Crappy shoulders of the Easykill"!!!

I asked: "How did you manage in the normal mode with that gear?" One answer was stunning... "I haven't done normal mode."

This I blame the availability of getting heroic keys at honored instead of revered.

After talking with a couple of friends they stated that heroic PuG's are dead.

I always advocate that more should be able to join the fun. But this has made PuGging heroics harder and thus more casual unfriendly.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Excellent point. I still like to "pug" Heroics, but I'm almost always bringing along my healer and often a dpser as well. (which really stops making it a pug I guess)

That being said, if you learn what guilds will have a decent baseline of gear then you can still safely purely PuG a heroic based on /who of the person that requested you join. (or check before you invite them)

Anonym sa...

Servers vary, we have a strong pug community so people expect pugs to go well, which means good players pug. Self reinforcing.
I have run 4 heroic pugs in last 3 weeks plus a couple of guild runs. All succeeded and the closest to a wipe on any was having to run out the entrance with 2 dead in crypts. Bot, crypts,ramparts and Slave pens. All dailys. Mostly well geared in kara/badge but spotting 8 greens, 0 epics on our warlock in ramparts did make me cringe, but we had lots of cc and good tank/healer so it worked out.

Perhaps I should comment on your next post seperately but oh well, Heroic dail y slave pens pug 4+2 badges 70 mins,Heroic Bot pug 5+2 badges 70 mins
Even heroic ramparts meh 2+2 badges 50 mins isnt too horrible.