måndag 17 september 2007

Not so Dazzling

I was skilling up my Blacksmithing this weekend when I encountered a strange error.

At 270 the pattern for Dazzling Mithril Rapier was still yellow. "Great! I don't have to go onto Thorium just yet" was my thought.

I was happily standing in Ironforge churning out rapiers like a industrial robot till something said "clunk". At 275 the gears jammed. Pattern still yellow, rapiers still flying of the anvil - but no skill up!!!

So you all know. I got me a dorky crafting gear compiled of INT gear from drops and quest rewards which takes my INT up to 300. That way I will get more skill ups.

But being that smart standing there crafting with ye old Illusionary rod on my back I felt pretty lame...

I made 10 rapiers just to be certain. Not a single skill up...

Then I wrote a ticket to the GM and went farming thorium.

Halfway around Searing Gorge I got a reply. "Nothing is wrong with the pattern, you just had bad luck" was the response.

Like hell!

I made one Thorium belt (also yellow) 1 more in BS. I made 3 rapiers (yellow) no skill up!!!

It must be broken.

So all of you out there - don't think them rapiers to be that Dazzling when they are lying in heaps on the floor without making you any better at smithing.

3 kommentarer:

Hexapuma sa...

"So you all know. I got me a dorky crafting gear compiled of INT gear from drops and quest rewards which takes my INT up to 300. That way I will get more skill ups."

I hate to tell you this but INT only affects weapon skillups. This is printed in the manual and also on various threads over at the official site. BUT that aside... bad luck in crafting sucks major.

DaddyGamer sa...

Yikes - here I have been logging around on my oh so strange craft gear... Well - I will save the plate bits wich I use when skilling up a new weapon.

Thnx for the tip!!!

Hexapuma sa...

hehe good idea to have separate weapon leavelling plate though.. I have left a few of my weaponskills sitting behind for awhile now.