måndag 17 september 2007

Un-heroic attempts

I have come to an understanding that going into a heroic instance is a very big leap for the tank.

Being revered with all "key" factions except Honor hold I hav had the time to acquire really good gear. After consulting several gear guides I know I am at the top of gearing for someone that has just started heroics.

The big problem is that it is not enough.

Thursday I did heroic Settekh with a PuG. Went very well in the beginning but it took ages. Up to Darkweaver Syth was no problem. Then it started to get hairy. The big problem was with holding 2 mobs at once. When there where Sethekk Guards it was fine. The healer could hold me up while I kept aggro on both, but when we met the Ravenguards it was another matter. These guys hit hard. If the healer held me alive he would get too much aggro which would make him draw the second mob and get one shotted. Happened several times.

The big issue I think is that I take a bit much damage => lots of heals => healer generates too much aggro => mob kills healer => wipe.

The way I see it there is 2 ways to fix this. One is to take less damage which means more armor and avoidance. The other is to generate more threat which means more Block Value and better dps.

So I am going to make a bit of farming to get someone to make me Bracers of the Green Fortress and Helm of the Stalwart Defender. While grinding I am going to up my Blacksmithing to be able to make Fireguard the one handed sword.

This means I need to farm: 20 primal shadow and 20 primal mana for Fireguard. 20 primal life for Bracers of the Green Fortress and 22 primal earth and 12 primal mana for Helm of the Stalwart Defender. Thats 74 primals...

Luckily I have the earth and the shadow primals already from levelling. Which leaves me with about 30 primals to go...

Do I need to inform you that I have respecced to Fury for a little while =)

2 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

You can always ask a mage/shaman/fury warr/hunter to kite one of them so you avoid getting wtfpwned then got healer aggro.

DaddyGamer sa...

I read about that after the instance attempt. Will try it next time.
If i could get them shoulders [Spaulders of Dementia] I wont need to go that much Arena...