torsdag 20 september 2007

Threat Overload

If you have read my previous blog entries you have seen that I have specced Fury to farm a sh-t load of motes.

Farming is boring. I say it again: Boooooring. It was fun at the start when I realized that I killed mobs quicker then my cool down for charge. That’s a mob / 10s. Real nice. At first. It's all just a click routine. I could even horse-gather mobs. That is mount up, ride around to aggro 4-5 mobs and then kill them all. This was good for Primal Life farming since the mobs are 61-63 and hardly give me damage nor rage.

Well, on to the overload bit.

When I was out there in the ruins hacking up ghosts into small small chunks of ectoplasm a friend wondered if I could help his alt priest to do Auchenai Crypts. We gathered a guild run of a 70 warrior tank, 70 hunter, 68 shadow priest and 67 holy priest. The priests wanted the xp, hunter wanted the experience (an alt) , tank wanted Felsteel gloves and I wanted to try to dps in an instance.
You can see where this is going, huh?

Well all was dandy. Massive spawns was no problem. I could dps to my hearts content flinging around Whirlwinds and going on a rampage all the time.

Then we came to Shirrak the Dead Watcher. Oh my oh my...

Tank went in. Got of 3 sunders. I charged and popped my talents. Charge/Rampage/Death Wish/Blood Thirst/Heroic strike/Blood thirst.

That was about when i got aggro. I stopped all attacks - but the tank had already burned his taunt so I stood there chewing on Carnivorous bites one after another. And I died.
Took about 10 sec for me to over aggro and kill myself. Nice lesson though.

One problem was also that the holy priest only had one instant heal, and since Shirrak dampens magic by prolonging casting time, that was a bad combo.

Well on next time I only drew aggro after the tank got killed which killed me ofc, but on the third attempt we got him good.

It is nice to do good dps - I now know how to read the threat table. But I prefer tanking any day.

Well, back to making ghosts even more intangible...

1 kommentar:

Brehm sa...

Ouch.

I did that fight for the first time ever a few days ago. You'd think having FOUR max level character I'd have wandered into AC at least once.

Shirrak sucks. Even as a 70 holy priest with 2 instant casts it sucks. Seeing an 6-8 second Greater Heal cast bar sucks.

Even when I did it with mostly 70s and a guildie who wanted the chest that drops (which doesnt by the way. He was thinking of Old Hillsbrad) it sucked. Its almost as if Blizzard didn't want a holy priest to heal that instance.