måndag 10 september 2007

On the sideline with my new gear to no use...

If you have read my previous entries about me going to Kara, you have seen that I was exhilarated about going. I had been looking forward to it so much that I was actually nervous - which I haven't been in a long time.

But Friday became a very sad day indeed...

I had prepped a lot and even logged out my character on the front steps of Kara. I logged in one minute to 8 and sent a message to the raid leader. "I’m ready - inv?". No answer.

I sent another message and got a reply: "Things have changed. I have made another setup for Kara. It's on the guild site."

WTF!!!

I got furious. The raid leader had contacted me on Tuesday to tell me I was up for tanking Attumen. I wasn't able to log in before 8 but he said he would fix that (raid normally starts 7).

To be able to log in at specific time I need to arrange things in advance with my family. On Friday I had postponed my TGIF evening with my wife, had just put one of the kids to bed and slunk down to log on to the game.

Since I was told I was going to tank I had bought new enchants to improve my gear managed to acquire a new trinket to use and stocked up on potions.

I was more than angry with the raid leader - I was even upset. He said sorry and that things happen. I do understand the position he is in. Its not easy to arrange a run with ppl being happy. I even understood the shift in focus (he wanted to gear up a core of 10 ppl to split in to 2 Kara grps later so we might progress further) but what was unforgivable was the fact that he didn't even bother to tell me that I was out. The post on the web was made the same day and I am not reading the site all the time. And even if I where I wouldn’t have understood it since he said he would arrange it so I could come even though I was logging on late (not something to post on the guild site I assume).

I felt like a little boy who was promised a spot in the soccer team but when showing up with his shoes, bought just for the game, gets to know that a different team set up have been decided. But the team roster was posted in the club house.

I actually wrote /gleave and let it sit there for a while before deciding. If it wouldn’t have been for the other great ppl in the guild I would have pressed enter.

Well - I won’t ever again show up on a set time for a raid arranged by this guy. A chunk big as Africa has bee torn out of the fun in the game...

Inga kommentarer: